Re: Unwanted Help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unwanted Help
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 21:47:04 -0500
Rant mode on:

I have been lurking, sometimes contributing, sometimes asking for help,
and always! learning from this list going on two years now.  So far, I
haven't been contacted by anyone offering advice for money.  I would
basically tend to ignore such responses.  I have received valuable info
from individuals and companies.  I remember John Twist offering his tech
tips book.  I bought it and thought it was well worth the money.
Another time, when I asked about installing a new fold down top, one of
the responses was from Brit-Tek mentioning their sheet written
specifically for new top installation.  Normally goes with the tops they
sell.  Even though I had purchased my top elsewhere the sheet was
offered to me free of charge.  Called them, got the sheet, was very
helpful.  Made me think of them the next time I wanted to buy something.

Guess my point is, I don't see anything wrong with someone offering
parts, books, or the like for sale.  Advice is another thing.  I give
the limited advice I have freely and expect the same in return.  Bert
Palte spent a lot of his valuable time giving me good info on engine
balancing.  That's what he does for a living in the Netherlands.  He
didn't ask for anything in return.  That's the way it should be.

Rant mode off.

Wayne Kube
'79B going to the Texas Fall GOF in October
Plano, TX