French Riviera Travel Set

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: French Riviera Travel Set
From: Wendelgass Manfred <WENDELGASS@tcernd1.villingen.tce.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 10:24:00 PDT
For all MGers who will follow me I compiled all suggestion from the list:

The_French_Riviera_Travel_Set:

 --spare set sparking plugs
 --spare points
 --spare condenser
 --spare distributor cap & rotor
 --spare high tension ignition lead (just one, in case one perishes)
 --extra fuel filter
 --carb damper oil
 --extra windscreen wiper blade (MGB ones are not a common size, and the
        one that perishes will be the drivers' side one)
 --coolant (50/50 ethylene glycol and water), 8 litres
 --"blue elephant snot" Permatex gasket sealant.  I do not recommend its
        use, but it'll get you home if a gasket fails and you don't have a
        proper one available.
 --sparking plug gapping tool (sparking plug gap .025")
 --thickness gauges (for MGB, valve clearance .013", points gap .016")
 --12V test light (for static ignition timing, set timing to 10deg BTDC),
        also this test light is invaluable for diagnosing electrical
        faults.
 --miscellaneous spanners, screwdrivers, pliers, etc. in common MGB sizes
        (1/2", 7/16", 3/8", and 9/16" to start)
 --low melting point solder (the kind that melts with a match flame)
 --electrical tape
 --duct tape
 --a couple lengths of 2x4 lumber that fit conveniently in the boot
 --spare upper & lower radiator hoses (MGB ones are cheap and easy to
        replace)
 -a small floor jack

 -the proper attitude to have a great time
 -an adequate supply of your country's finest (German beer)
 -Toilet paper

 - Road flares.
 -A little oil, coolant, and brake fluid
 -Couple of old rags.
 -A few feet of throttle cable

 -a blonde blue eyed girl from Germany (eine blondhaarige blauaugige Fraulein
     aus Mannheim )

 -Spare fuel pump
 -rotor arm
 -distributor cap & leads,
 - top/bottom hose
 -petrol hose
 -coil
 -fan belt
 - fuses
 - bulbs
 - a tow rope.

 - You forgot ME!!! (Don Mathis)

 -a good flashlight
 -pray!

 - a French dictionary to ask for sun lotion ( "Puis-je vous mettre un peu
plus de creme solaire?")

Last question before I leave: Is there any room left for spare underwear?

So long for a while.

Manfred
79 MGB
Black Forest, Germany