Re: Gross [sic] jets!

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Gross [sic] jets!
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:29:07 -0700 (PDT) (8:29 am 15:29 UT)
><<  ..... When I opened up the float chambers, they were both dry.  BOTH
 Grose jets had jammed at the same time!  What are the chances? ..... >>

 The Gross Jet contains two balls, one small and one large.  The larger one is
 a very close fit in the housing and subject to jaming with the tiniest bits
 of dirt or rust.  If they both quit at the same time you probably got a slug
 of sludge up the fuel line.  Sounds like a fuel filter in in order here, even
<with the original style needle jets.  I've been using Gross Jets for several

   I have a fuel filter just before the carbs.  There was no evidence of
any debris or sludge in the float chambers.  And when I used a needle to
push the ball out of the seat, it (the small ball) was most definitely jammed.
The Grose jets remain condemned.  Perhaps the Texaco unleaded gas I use is
inferior and providing excessive varnish?  There does seem to be quite a bit
of brown coloration to the carb throats.  Considering that one of them
jammed a couple of weeks ago, I'd say that there is a chronic condition.
*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*