Re: Starter turns, now another question?

To: BERNZO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Starter turns, now another question?
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:13:35 -0400
Dave:

Not precisely with the starter motor alone, but along those lines, yes.

When starting a freshly-rebuilt engine, I commonly pull the plug wires for
the first few turns of the engine, and pour the last quart of oil straight
into the engine immediately before starting, to give the cylinders a bit of a
bath before they actually have to do any work.  Turning the engine over with
the starter a few times will get the oil out of the sump and into the engine,
where it needs to be.  I'm not positive that it'll register on the guage, but
I don't offhand see why it shouldn't.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'