Fuel Gauge

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Gauge
From: Ed McCarroll <EMCCARROLL@magnum.mco.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:19:53 -0400 (EDT)
        Any theories on this fuel gauge behaviour?   Tank was running low -
        stopped and filled up.   Gauge stayed on empty for five minutes
        then rose to full position.   Was OK for several days then gauge
        dropped to empty while there was an estimated half tank of gas.
        I remember I was fiddling blindly with the wiring in the vicinity
        of the ignition switch shortly before the problem arose.
        Could there be a connection ?   I don't have a wiring diagram to
        check it.  Any opinions?