Re: Diesel MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diesel MGB
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 19:08:40 GMT
>Maybe I'm just missing the point, but why would anyone want a desiel MG?

Owner (long-term MGer) states reasons as poor value of alternatives to MG but
high work mileage necessitated lower fuel costs (thanks, Scotty, for pointing
me in the right direction).

BTW, program on TV last night stating UK Government blames diesel particulates
for a large increase in athsma related illnesses and deaths, and proposing
tougher limits that would results in 75% of todays vehicles being banned - not
for 10 years though.

>Btw, anyone see a documentory no the tele a coule of months ago >which had an
>MGA with a lada engine featured?

Could this be Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld in Cuba? (UK TV).  Severe
shortage of parts meant that anything went just to keep mobile, even
to the point of concocting brake fluid out of kitchen ingredients
"Well, it's the same colour isn't it".

PaulH
73 Roadster, 75 V8