77 MGB Colors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 77 MGB Colors
From: jmoonan@ix.netcom.com (John Moonan)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 20:07:15 -0700
I'm new to this list.  Back in my college days I owned a 64 MGB with
overdrive that I bought new for about $2,600 and drove for 8 years and
about 80,000 miles.  Then when my first kid arrived I needed a car with
a back seat so I sold the MG and bought a 72 Vega (Yuck!!!!).

Now kids are gone and I got the bug again so last month I bought a 77
MGB with 66,000 miles.  In good condition for most part.  Car was
originally some sort of yellow with a tan or beige interior.  PO had it
repainted fire engine red and installed new black carpeting.

I will need to install new door panels and would like to plan for
returning the car to an original color scheme.  So my question is does
any one know what colors the 77s were originally available in and what
color door panels, carpeting and top go with each exterior color?

Thanks in advance,

John Moonan
Clearwater, FL