Let me put it another way.

To: "'mg'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Let me put it another way.
From: "Randy Rees (Starwave)" <Randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 10:04:00 PDT
 What I have is a  66 roadster, free and legal, title and all. It is a
mess and would need a new body shell. I can't afford a new body shell. So
I was thinking, ( sort of a dangerous pastime.) I know of a guy who has a
BGT of unknown year, but has metal dash so I am assuming 68 or older.
anyhow it has been around for years (and in great shape) but no Title or
VIN's or anything. Not a problem in this state to get a "lost title" but
not without  a VIN #. What I was thinking is what is the difference
between buying it and using it as the "NEW" body shell. or buying one
new. Problem would be that VIN #'s for body style would not match, even
though both cars are pre-smog. Would it be Illegal for someone to but a
NEW BGT shell for a roadster? I don't thinks so. But how would DMV look
at this. I assume it would be a long drawn out process.