RE: RE:GT or not GT

To: "'mg'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE:GT or not GT
From: "Randy Rees (Starwave)" <Randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 12:25:00 PDT
you wrote>>Most DMV inspectors are hip to the trick. Oh ya, It is most
criminal to do.
And if DMV discovers it you might have a problem keeping it registered.
Probably have to get it re-registered with a CHP serial after much
inspecting and hassel.
Since there are no secret numbers to verify its original year they are
going
to put it in the most recent year possible and make it a smog car.

Well there are tell tale body signs, i.e. no backup lights, front turn
signal placement, Metal dash, ect that can verify approximate year. As
for the numbers job, it wasn't a criminal act we are talking about, it's
a body tub replacement for a care that is wrecked beyond repair and a GT
that has a bill of sale but no title. BTW not having a title does not
make it illegal to sell, just means that you can't register it for on
road use. i.e. race cars. My proposal was to move the VIN's to a good tub
with a good bill of sale but no Vin's to identify it. Since I would be
the legal owner of both cars an no matter how you slice it only one car
could be on the road legally, it would not matter what year the donor car
was only what year the Title and VIN's said. A new body from Moss would
not make it a 1996 even though that was the year of the body. The title
and Vin plates would make that determination.