RE: ashtray

To: Mullins Robert <mullinsr@hq.hhmi.org>
Subject: RE: ashtray
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:14:23 +0000
<   The family heirloom has about a 16th of an inch of fiberglass
<resin firmly adhered to it, seemingly in perpetuity.  Is there
<anything I can soak it in that will disolve the hardened resin
<without also disolving the ashtray?  Alternatively, will glass-bead
<shot blasting work without rendering the clear glass transluscent?
<
<    If you don't want to bother the list with an answer, email me
<directly at:  mulroney@law.vill.edu
<
<    Thanks.
<
<Michael Mulroney

If this is the same stuff as bondo, you may be in trouble.
25 years ago, when I was a kid, I dropped a gob of bondo on
my parent's driveway. Every time I pass it, I give it a good
swift kick. It's still there stuck to the driveway after all
those years (and kicks). Pretty tough stuff!

Bob Donahue