Re: Abingdon

To: BERNIE4MGS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Abingdon
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 09:44:59 -0400
Bernie:

The old factory at Abingdon is mostly there. There's some modern development
on what used to be  (I think) part of the site; I seem to remember a petrol
station or fast food or some such there.  Part of the factory is derelict and
probably slated for destruction by some local building council, but part of
it (the newer part, I think) has been converted over to offices and some
small manufacturing/engineering concerns occupy the space formerly used for
producing 'B's.

Lockhill House (someone correct me if I got the name wrong again ... I'm
awful with names and can't quite remember if it was Lockhill or not ...
Director's offices and headquarters) still exists, of course, and the MGCC's
offices are right next door to it.  I seem to recall they publish a sort of
guide for touring Abingdon that I'd recommend if you're on a sentimental
journey.  I don't remember exactly what or if they charge for this creature.
 It's been a while since I was there, however, and it may be that I got it at
the Oxford county offices or tourism council.  Cheap at the price, if it's
still being published,  since Fodor's doesn't really cover this sort of thing
well.

If you're headed that way, I'd recommend the MGCC offices; they've probably
got very good information there (and more recent than mine) and they're quite
friendly and don't normally bite (at least, not on first introduction).

Cheers,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'