Re: Falcon Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Falcon Exhaust
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 06 Sep 1996 10:21:03 -0500
In <Pine.ULT.3.91.960906084659.25359A-100000@ttown.apci.com>, S. L. Hower wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Randy Rees wrote:
>
>> I had a Monza exhaust on my fiat and loved it...
>> No exhaust system is a drop in replacement, but it should require
>> very little tweaking.
>
>  *Almost* no exhaust system ;-)  I bought a Falcon stainless exhaust
>   for my B.  I figured I'd need to wrestle with it a bit to get it
>   to fit properly.   Much to my surprise, it fit the stock mounting
>   brackets perfectly.  No bending, grinding or cutting (car or exhaust).

I had equally good luck with the Falcon--took about an hour to
install, fit the stock brackets perfectly.  At least on the B.

The Falcon for the A was a bit different--the front pipe was a tad too
short (the slit cut in it for compression was too long) and I got a
bit of leakage at the first joint, which I plugged up with tailpipe
goo.  That's still holding.

For the TD, it required bending and banging.  Still not quite right.
It touches the (unused) clutch pivot that is on the RH side of the
sump, and also leans against the bottom of the side curtain box in the
back.  I'll get around to re-hanging it some day.  Sure....

                        A. B. Bonds