winterizing a TD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: winterizing a TD
From: rasputin@gate.net
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 18:31:59 -0400
Can anyone advise me about what to do for my TD for the winter?  I am moving
from Florida (where I drive it year-round) to Connecticut (where it must be
garaged during the snowy months).  I have never had to do more than round
up some antifreeze whenever it looked as if we were going to have a hard freeze,
 and then I just snugged the bonnet with an old wool rug!.  Are there
special things
 to do? Someone said to disconnect the battery.  Is that
necessary?  Does the radiator need draining, or what?  The garage will be
enclosed
but not heated.  Thanks for any advice.

Tom Britt