Midget ringing noise

To: <brockj@muohio.edu>
Subject: Midget ringing noise
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 96 11:19:35 -24000
One thing you might check:  Theres a metal brake line that runs along the top
of the axle.  On my 76 Midget this line was banging against the axle, and
eventually wore thru the brake line.  I'd suggest putting the car up on a
rack or jacks, and looking for signs of wear from parts hitting together.

My experience: I was coming to a stop sign [right in front of a lake], after
a 30 mile highway trip, and sent the pedal all the way to the floor!  I
quickly downshifted and managed to get the car to a stop.  Going home without
brakes was fun tho', as I was in the middle of nowhere and not a garage in
miles.

Just a thought..

regards,

Sean Johnson