Re: MGB Rear Brake Cylinder Circlip

To: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Subject: Re: MGB Rear Brake Cylinder Circlip
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 21:40:06 -0300 (ADT)
>I was replacing my rear wheel cylinders this weekend and I had a
>terrible time trying to get the circlip on. I fact I busted one of the
>new ones and used the old one to get the rest assembled. What is the
>trick to installing these clips? Where can I get a replacment? Why is
>MOWOG cast into my brake drums? {;^)
>
>- -Mark

Hello Mark!

I discovered the easiest way was to install the circlip with it's curveature
facing _outwards_. I tried forever to get the thing on with the curve facing
inwards, finally in disgust, flipped it over and discovered that with the
curve facing out, the two front flanges of the clip caught the groove in the
cylinder, allowing me to use a screwdriver to 'pop' the top flange into the
groove...works everytime.

Hope this helps!

Terry 'Been Clipped Too' Williams
'70 BGT