Re: Top cylinder lube injector

To: Bill Harkins <wharkns@inetworld.net>
Subject: Re: Top cylinder lube injector
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:43:07 +0000
<The real question is, does Marvel oil additive do any good?
<
<Bill Harkins
<Fallbrook CA
<33 MG J2
<48 MG TC
<67 MGB-GT

I have a TD that sat for 25 years in storage. When I first
got it going the valve train sounded like it was going to
explode over 3000 rpm. This went on for the first 1000 mi.
One valve had a tendency to stick and boy did that ever
sound bad. At that point I tried Marvel oil in both the
crankcase and the gas. After about a hundred miles with Marvel
the valves quieted down and now the engine revs freely. I
don't know if the Marvel oil was responsible, or if it was
just a coincidence. I don't put it in the crankcase anymore,
but I'm still using it in the gas. I'm anxious to hear
what others have to say about Marvel.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
53 MG-TD, under DIY restoration
71 MGB, still in the shop 10 months and counting