Re: Wires: Chrome vs. Painted

To: mgs@autox.team.net, joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Subject: Re: Wires: Chrome vs. Painted
From: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com (David Moore)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:47:54 -0400
     Hey, If the wife will sign off on the capital equipment request, go
     for the chrome.  They certainly are beatiful.

     David (My baby wishes she had chrome)

Subject: Wires: Chrome vs. Painted
Author:  joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com at Internet_mail
Date:    9/10/96 11:25 AM

Here's the first of what I assume will be many questions about my new B.

Since I will probably have to replace three wheels due to worn splines, now is
the time to think about chrome wires.  What are the pros and cons of chrome vs.
painted?  I would assume that chrome wires require a lot of care to keep them
shiny.  I also wonder if chrome might be a little showy for a car as humble as
an MGB. I think the painted wires currently on the car go nicely with its
mineral blue finish. But my wife saw a few cars with chrome wires at the Palo
Alto show and thought they looked sharp.  What do you folks think?  Thanks for
the advice.

Joseph
1967 roadster