Re: British License Plates

To: donmathis@lucent.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British License Plates
From: "Keith R. Bennett" <bubblegum@peppermint.win-uk.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:28:42

>When I bought my MG, it came with 2 new black license plates with no
>letters.  I was told one could buy the white letters and glue them to the
>black plates.  Does anyone know where to get the white letters?  A good
>example of these is the license plate on the front of the bentley on the
>front of this month's British Car.  Thanks-
>
>Don Mathis,Ph.D.
>LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
>donmathis@lucent.com
>'61 MGA     '37 Bentley
Hopefully I am assuming you want the genuine British license
plate letters and digits? These were generally either silver
or white in colour and each letter/digit was mounted to the
plate via small posts on the reverse of each letter/digit.
Also at the same time you could use pressed aluminium license
plates. There are, no doubt, suppliers available here in the
UK who would be able to supply your requirements. I shall
conduct some research and see what I can come up with. Though
I have seen them at the autojumbles.