Aston-Martin MGB DB

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aston-Martin MGB DB
From: Kai Radicke <104071.2715@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Sep 96 06:45:06 EDT
So yesterday I get my C&S in the mail (6 days late) and
I was looking through it and I saw this ad:

"1980 MGB Aston-Martin  Prototype Roadster
This car is a one-off, converted by Tickford's Ltd. in 1980
as part of a rescue package for the MG Car Co.  It
in in A1 original condition with less than 1000 miles
on the clock.  Finished silver sand with black trim
and interior, O/D and alloy wheels.  It is now offered
for sale at 8,500 pounds (14,500 dollars)

Contact: John Finch on 01983 753835"

You can find this ad on page 220 of the October 1996
Classic & Sportscar.

Is this just a private effort or was this an actual A-Martin
effort?  All the imformation I could get would help! Thanks

Kai Radicke
66 MGB

P.S. from the photo I can tell that they are not the alloy
wheels from the LE and the gas tank filler thing is on
the Passenger side rear fender, behind a fake panel
like on modern cars of today.