RE: Top down motoring: The responsible thing to do

To: mgs@autox.team.net, thorpe@kegs.saic.com
Subject: RE: Top down motoring: The responsible thing to do
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:26:07 -0700

> In cities, it seems that people feel anonymous because they're not
> statistically likely to run into anyone they know.  So when someone
> does something rude to me on the road, I wave at them like I know them.
> I like to picture them going through their daily lives wondering when
> they're going to run into that woman they flipped off on the freeway.
>
> Denise Thorpe
> thorpe@kegs.saic.com

This is a very good technique. It gives one a responce to the act and it leaves
the individual in question wondering just what happened. A freindly wave in
responce to being flipped off (or whatever) often leaves the aggressor somewhat
befuddled and wondering what to do. Similar to a  verbal karate technique taught
to the kids along the lines of agreeing with someone in the middle of an
argument.

Be cool,

:-)

Ken