Re: Badge Bar

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Badge Bar
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:53:44 +1000
At 01:01  16/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Fellow Fiends:
>
>Now that I'm reasonably assured of Rags' continuing performance (486
>miles on the clock and still going!), the possibility once again looms
>that I may, at some point in the future, attend a British Car event.
>
>I am somewhat frustrated by the lack of a badge bar on the
>rubber-bumpered models, and I'd like to fit something to her bumper. I
>sort of remember seeing, in a photo somewhere, a late model B with a
>small badge bar above the front bumper ... but I can't be positive it
>wasn't just wishful thinking.
>
>Does any of you know where such a creature may be obtained? Any
>experience with this? Home-made suggestions? Any help appreciated.
>
>Corey
>75 MGB 'Rags'
>RD#373750

A badge bar is obtainable from the MG Owners Club in the UK.  It comes up
through the opening above the main part of the front bumper on one side and
goes back down at the other side and is bolted on at the back onto the main
bumper bolts.

Pretty unattractive but quite strong.

Another home made idea (provided you do not want to fit more than two
badges) is to fabricate a "bracket" which bolts on at one end onto one of
the bolts on the top of the apron in front of the radiator and then wends
its way down and through the air intake opening and back up again to serve
as a mount for a singe badge.  Use fairly rigid mild steel or aluminium.
You can fit one of these to each side of the radiator and so fit two badges.
Sounds a bit agricultural but the result is a more pleasing effect than the
other type.

regards,
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au