Overdrive help.

To: "'mg'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "'mgccnwc-list'" <mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Overdrive help.
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:54:17 -0700
Well I just bought another 68 MGB/GT.  I bought it for $500. It is all
original, 53,000 miles, nothing was ever replaced, one owner, and every
last piece is there. Quite a find actually, the owner had Alzheimer's
and his wife just wanted it gone. The only rust is on the front fender
and door.

I have two questions.

 1. How do I tell my Wife. (She doesn't know yet.)

2. After buying it and taking some more time to look it over it seems to
have an overdrive as verified by engine number and looking under the
car. Now the big question, how do you put it in overdrive, there is no
switch on the gearshift knob like the later models. And how exactly do
you operate it? i.e. what gears is it used in ect.

BTW. Any questions about where something goes or what color is something
are welcome, This is the first B that I have ever seen that was complete
"before" being restored.  I do remember someone asking about the engine
color a while back so just for the record. The 68 is all red, block,
head, and valve cover. Don't know about the oil pan yet. If someone
really wants to know I'll go look.