Re: starter

To: erictw@mcs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: starter
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:41:32 -0400

<< a positive ground starter  >>
There is no such thing as a positive ground starter.....starter motors are
series wound and run the same direction regardless of polarity....you would
have to go inside the starter motor and reverse the field windings to get it
to run in the opposite direction.  I doubt the PO would do this as there
would be no reason for doing so.  Other things in the car are affected by
changing polarity of the battery....see a Moss catalog for directions on how
to change your battery polarity.  I think there is a tech article on this
also in the SOL web page.
Good Luck
Terry