Re: Bad Coil?

To: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com
Subject: Re: Bad Coil?
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 09:47:03 +0100
David Moore <David_Moore@kaoinfo.com>  13-9-96 21.45  wrote:

>Last night while crossing the Dumbarton bridge my BGT stated to run
>poorly and when I looked down at the gauges the tach was fluctuating
>wildly. The car quit running just after clearing the bridge.

Probably you have found the problem already, but if not, check the
connection at the distributor were the wire is going to the coil,
especially the plastic insert at the distributor.

A couple of months ago I had my car waxoyled and as an added service
the engine compartment was sprayed with water. 'Of course' the car
wouldn't start anymore after this and the DPW cleaned and dried the
inside of the distributor cap. By replacing the cap they obviously
couldn't get the plastic isolation at the wire connection right, so
this was found hanging loose on the outside of the distributor.

This setup caused the above mentioned symptoms.

Bert Otten
'66 B (to be exact 14-09-66)