[Fwd: Re: MG Ride height]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: MG Ride height]
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 12:39:44 -0500
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 12:38:56 -0500
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
To: TheSkinny@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG Ride height

Personally, I think lowering the ride height on a daily driver is a
mistake. After all, the spec US ride height is there for a reason ...
safety.  While I'm all in favour of dumping as many emissions controls
as I can get my hands on, I'm in favour of what few safety devices seem
reasonable.  The higher ride height should (theoretically, anyway) put
your bumper in line with those of a Tracer, Spirit, or Taurus ... if one
of those cars ran into my B, I'd rather it hit the bumper than the boot,
or that it ran over top of me.  On a show or rally car, sure. Lower the
ride height to something more eye-pleasing or dynamically stable. On a
daily driver, try to keep up with the Joneses et al. :)

Just my tuppence worth.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'
RD#373750