Ride height differences (was:Re: Ignition switch '78 B)

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Subject: Ride height differences (was:Re: Ignition switch '78 B)
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:40:09 -0400
Christopher M. Delling wrote:

> Jason-
>
> I am sure that I am one of the few listee's that PREFER the rubber
> bumper styling, so I won't start an argument about style - but I think
> you need to get your facts straight.  The ride height on the
> rubber-bumper cars was higher than stock, by approximatley 1.5".  This
> increase in height can be offset by a great degree by going to a lower
> profile tire.
>
> 4"!!!!  You make us sound like we run 33" monster mudder tires!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chris Delling

Yikes!  :0

I didn't want to start a war about it, by any means.  Both cars are very
attractive, but as I said, personally I like the chrome bumpered better.
Shheeesh!  ;)

Anyway... I'll have to double-check my sources.  I know I read somewhere
(more than one source, if I'm correct) that it was 4".  I know when you
put the two side by side, it looks like a bit more than 1.5"!  I can
probably tell the height difference blindfolded, just by getting in one
or the other.  In all likelyhood, the change was somewhere in between...

Regards,