Re: Valve cover question.

To: "James " <dirmeyer@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Valve cover question.
From: Robert Hughes <orelake.bob@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 02:00:43 +0000
At 05:28 AM 9/21/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to replace the valve cover on my 77 B.  My current one has a
>tube running from the top which attaches to the center hose from the carbon
>cannister.  I ordered a new valve cover from British Victoria.  It's the
>one with the breather tube which comes out the side of the cover.  Can this
>tube be connnected to the carbon cannister, or did I get the wrong cover?
>Also, the cap that came with it appears to be vented.  I remember reading
>something about the vented caps, but I'm not sure where.  Any help?

"James"
I replaced my valve cover with a BV valve cover and the car ran rough, (like
when I had a big vacuum leak in my brake master cylinder servo). The pipe
position on the side is OK, but there is no restrictor on the replacement
cover pipe.
Get a 3/8" copper pipe cap at the hardware store, drill a 1/16" hole in the
cap, tap it onto the end of the pipe, clamp the hose from the cannister on
the pipe and it will work fine.
Also, the cap seems to be OK. But then again, I don't live in CA.
Bob Hughes
Brighton, MI
Bob Hughes