Re: My B is back, and rust prot. advice needed.

To: jer@thlogic.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My B is back, and rust prot. advice needed.
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 17:17:33 GMT
>I know Waxoyl is what everybody talks about and advertises, but are
>there any other solutions?  I don't have anything against Waxoyl, I
>just don't have any experience and want to make sure it's not only
>the most obvious solution, but also the best.

I have read an opinion that Waxoyl is too viscous and bridges over
seams leaving a small space for moisture to attack, and the person
concerned preferred to block up the sill/rocker panel drains and fill
with old engine oil, leave to soak for a while, then drain.

Both mine are Waxoyled and even in the UK it gets hot enough in
summer for it to drip from the underside of the door tops onto the
glass and from out of the bootlock cavity, frinstance.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)