MBG Radiator Question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MBG Radiator Question
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 12:12:26 -0000
I am assembling the radiator and diaphragm and notice in the Moss and VB
catalogs, there is an item called 'Packing.'  It appears to be a support
for the radiator to diaphragm connection.  My car did not have this when
I bought it.  Is it necessary?  Recommended?  What about the seal that
goes on the top of the radiator and the diaphragm?  This will NOT be a
show car, just a fun fair-weather driver.

Also, I notice that the PO or the PO's mechanic decided to use whatever
bolt they could find to attach the above to the mounts in the engine bay.
 As a result, several of the captive nuts are stripped and a few are
missing.  Can I just whack them off with a chisel and put some new ones
on with epoxy?  I don't have access to a welder, and the engine bay is
stripped for painting.  I wanted to do this before I painted.

Any experience & wisdom would be appreciated,

TIA

Doug Gaither

  "...Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up your floppies?"
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>