Transporting cars

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transporting cars
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Sep 96 16:37:35 EDT
Evening fellow sol'ers,

Just like to check the net wisdom on transporting restorable but undriveable
cars across country.  It always sounds great to buy a CA car and drive it back
to Texas, Illinois, whatever, but what about when you want to restore one and
you're thinking about putting it in a truck and giving it a ride home. Is it
worth it to get the car cheap and then pay a bunch of money to get it home ?
Any experiences doing this ?

Also, I attended my first MG meet / rally in Assen, The Netherlands and got to
ride around the track with Bert Otten and Frank van Dalen in their restored 66
and 69 MGB's.  It was a real thrill.  My first time on a track.  Had a Cobra in
the mirrors the whole time with Frank.  Bert let me drive off the track, just to
check out his ( and a bit of my help) restoration.  Thanks Bert and Frank.  Also
got one spin around in an MGF - fine machine.  I was skeptical before, but
really was a great little sports car.  If Rover decides to bring them to the
states, I'll probably want one.

Safety Fast

Rick '68 B at home keeping Dad happy' Huber