Re: starters and a movie

To: "MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: starters and a movie
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:48:27 -0700
 >Anyway, the starter sometimes fails to engage the engine the first
 >time around, making whirring busy noises but no clunk. Finally,when
 >it does engage it makes god-awful gear-clashing sounds before turning
 >the engine over.

Is the design of your MGB starter similar to the ones used in MKIII
Sprites? (the drive is "spun out" by means of a spiral gear on the
starter shaft) I had the same problem with the afore mentioned Sprite
and found that the shaft was dry of lubricant.  I added a smear of
chassis lube, worked the drive back and forth a few times and it
performed fine ever after.   Good luck!

Don Daves          <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Santa Cruz, CA
65 Tiger (his)