2017 miles, the journey begins...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 2017 miles, the journey begins...
From: "W. Lee Vick, Jr." <wlvick@pobox.micro.ti.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:23:38 -0500
mg.friends,

        Well, this is it. I'm putting some extra time in at work today and
tonight I drive to San Antonio. Tomorrow I take the 0645 flight to
Sacramento, meet my uncle, drive to and buy my 1970 MG BGT and get some
rest. Odark30 Monday morning I'm on the road. I don't have my AAA triptik
with me but it goes something like 99 down to Bakersfield, 58 to 40, on to
Flagstaff, Arizona (will try to make it to the Grand Canyon to spend the
first night - my only sightseeing will be to look at the Canyon by dawn's
early light), on to Tucumcari, New Mexico or Amarillo, Texas the next day,
and home to Sugar Land, Texas on Wednesday. So, if you see a tall homely
chap with a worried expression in a British Racing Green MG BGT on any of
these roads be sure and wave and smile. I've got tools, maps, a Moss
catalog, and all the other things you suggested. Many thanks to all
involved and stay tuned for details of the trip back on Thursday (let's
hope). Lessee, it's 1030 now, I leave for San Antonio at 1530, so just 5
hours to the start of the big adventure. Le JOG indeed, let's go 2000
miles! Wish me luck. Safety Fast!

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.

* Lee Vick           * "Something must be wrong, with me and my brain" *
* leevick@ti.com     *    Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull, One White Duck    *
* 70 MG BGT (soon!)  *                                                 *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart         *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *