Midget Sway Bars....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Sway Bars....
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 12:13:06 -0400
Trevor---

  I have a 69 and wanted to change it for performance, but what I learned
in the process might help you for what you need.  It doesn't sound like you
want to change your car by lowering it and putting in harder springs and
stuff like that, sooooooo.....

  Suck up the $150 price tag and get a 7/8" Addco or any bar of that size
and throw 'er on.  DO NOT use the poly bushings on the sway bar.  These
will harden your suspension and make ride harsher without doing much for
you sway problem.  By keeping your stock springs and putting on big bar,
you will retain your soft ride but your car will not roll.
  Those three holes in the front of your a-arm are in fact the bracket
mounting spot, and you will need to get the end links as well.  The holes
don't necessarily mean that you had a bar originally-- all of the later
cars came with these a-arms.

  I hope this helped----
  Brust Roethler
  69 Midget
  64 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare