Re: Brooklands?

To: Paul/Ian Graham <gramf@digisys.net>
Subject: Re: Brooklands?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 01:00:51 -0400
Paul/Ian Graham wrote:
>         I saw a photo of the Brooklands kit in a book titled Improve and
> Modify Your MGB(?).  About all I can say about the final product is that it
> would be an acquired taste.

  Hmm. They claim in the ad to have "8 styles" but it may count things
like
colour matched bumpers to be a style, round headlights a style, and so
on.

  I'd like to see it anyways. Kitchener Ontario is very close to here
compared to most things on the list, but it's still a weekend trip or
longer, depending on how happy the mighty Lucas is.

> Have you heard of anyone putting the Cal Ace
> kit on a BGT?  I would certainly like to see what it would look like.

  I wouldn't expect it would be easy. I have the info pack on the Cal
Ace
and also some magazine reviews. It looks kind of neat, but I'm not in
a rush to go get one because, frankly, I don't think the Ace looks any
better than the B. Unless you were a historical car nut and just
had to have an Ace.

  At any rate, you wouldn't have any panels to make the roof fit into
the design. And if you chose to make it convertible, you'd have to
deal with all the structural problems yourself, since the Cal Ace
kit is just fiberglass.

  It would probably involve so much structural work that it would be
easier
to just source a rusty MGB, and use it instead.

--
   Trevor Boicey             1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)