Re: Gas in Carbs

To: tom.wagner@Central.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: Gas in Carbs
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 14:02:37 PT
>Can someone tell me how
>long gas can be left in the carbs
>sitting up before they experience the
>gumming problem and varnish?

"It depends"

Depends on where you are located and what type of "gas" you are talking
about.  I've been told that the wonderfull Calif version of EC fuel will
start to turn in about a month.  Others say 3 months.  Also depends if you
are talking about some of the alcohol mixed gasolines.

My thinking is to drain tanks and carbs in anything sitting more than a
month.  Now what you do with all that excess fuel is up to you.

When in doubt add in some gas stabiliser and be certain the new blend gets
to the carbs.

mike (soon to be possibly moving) _j2