LOL's car

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: LOL's car
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 13:23:07 -0500 (CDT)
Paul D Kile writes:

> Obligatory LBC content:  One of our local (Sacramento, CA) MG club
> members has stumbled on a little old lady with a 1974 B roadster with
> only 19,000 miles on the clock!! She has owned the car since new, and
> has stored it in a subterranean garage beneath her house (very
> constant temperature). The top has never been down.  The only new
> parts on the car are a set of tires (the old ones sidewalls were cracking).
> Our club member has driven the car and it is flawless.  Seems the LOL is
> losing her eyesight and wants to sell the car.  She's asking 10 grand.
> The car is Blaze (Pumpkin?), its only drawback.  [ ... ]

Hey!!  Blaze is a great color!  Particularly on a '74!

Extremely low-mileage cars are cool, but let's not forget that
deterioration can occur no matter how many/few miles the car is driven
per year.  For example, I wonder how many times the LOL changed the
brake fluid?  Uh-huh.  Count on a rebuilt hydraulic system.  Antifreeze?
Engine oil?  We all know that deterioration is, in many cases,
accelerated by long-term disuse.  Would you trust a twenty-two year old
fuel pump that's only done 19k miles of service?

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer, Blaze Red - albeit VERY faded, and whose days of
                            remaining Blaze Red are most certainly
                            numbered below one hundred, once I get that
                            fender, bonnet, and valence - but it's not
                            that I don't like Blaze Red; in fact, I
                            like it quite a bit; I don't, however,
                            particularly care for monochromatic paint
                            jobs, unless it's a concours piece - ever
                            seen the BMW Art Cars?

"I could go at any time..."