Re: Knock-offs how tight?

To: PVANDAL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Knock-offs how tight?
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 08:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
As tight as you can get them.  I can't imagine that a human could be
strong enough to force knockoffs on so tightly that damage occurs to the
splines, but then again, I'm pretty small and weak myself.

It's especially important the the knockoffs be tight if your wheel or hub
splines are showing signs of wear ("sharking"); the difference between
replacing everything now or in several years can be how tight you keep
the knockoffs.  As a general rule, if the wheels don't "clonk" when you
hit the gas from a stop or when you reverse and then go forward again,
you're probably OK.

-- Marc