Re: Haggerty Ins

To: Tomdamit@aol.com, PVANDAL@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Haggerty Ins
From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:08:02 -0400
Ya' know, I forgot to mention- the true test of any insurance co. occurs when
you need them.  State Farm has replaced my windshield twice over the years
(an easy one) and in

 August, 1995, while attending the Monterey Historics, I parked on an
extremely steep hill (Where was the Healey Corral?).  The angle was such that
combined with the heat of the day, fuel manged to bubble up and out the
filler neck and stripped the paint off the rear shroud and right rear fender!
 State Farm paid $700 to me to repair the damaged area.  I took that sum plus
and just finished a complete respray.  Some will say they should have painted
the whole car- I disagree.  They paid for the damage.  My painter was certain
he could match the color and the estimate from State Farm was to strip the
rest of the fender and shroud and respray.  I had the whole car done because
it was last done in 1980 and was always too orange for Colorado Red, anyway.