Re: One last overdrive question....

To: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: One last overdrive question....
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 07:41:10 -0400
Lane Rollins wrote:

> I'm finally getting to the point of firing up the rebuilt engine and the
> o/d for the first time. Went to fill the tranny and found it didn't have
> the filling hole/dip stick in the top.

You are correct Lane.  Starting in 75 I think, the factory eliminated
the dip-stick/filler plug.  A couple of people I have talked to prefer
this arrangement - they say that getting oil into the tranny without
getting it in the interior of the car is a hassle the old way, and you
have to raise the car to drain the trans anyway . . .

Best Regards,

Chris Delling