B Points

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B Points
From: Jeff and Stash Blackwood <ichindar@magic1.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 17:59:50 -0500
I've gotten some great advice regarding my Magnette here, so I'm going
to pose a MGB question to you. My 67 B has had a problem with the points
closing up: driving along, then sputter, a couple of back fires and the
engine winds down to nothing. Thereafter, the engine runs really
poorly, constantly backfiring. The first time this happened, I had a
Sunbeam coil on the car. It and the points were changed, but it still
happens.

This has really cut into my driving pleasure. Does anyone know what
could be causing this?

Thanks

Jeff Blackwood
67 MGB Roadster