Re: Beautiful Day for a Drive

To: Jon Smithers <Fletch@mobile.gulf.net>
Subject: Re: Beautiful Day for a Drive
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Jon Smithers wrote:
> 1. Load the car.
> 2. Lock the house.
> 3. Get in car.
> 4. Insert key.
> 5. Pull out choke knob.
> 6. Look in amazement as choke knob comes off.

This happened to me too, and I made my girlfriend operate the choke
directly on the carbs to get the car started.  Unfortunately, the "bonnet
stay" had not been properly enaged and as the engine vibrated to life, the
hood came slamming down on her arm.  She was mad at the car for days (she
normally likes it), because it had "bitten" her...

                                                           '67 Sprite