Re: MGA Choke Was:Beautiful Day for a Drive

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Subject: Re: MGA Choke Was:Beautiful Day for a Drive
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:23:27 -0400 (EDT)
As long as we're all talking about chokes, I have a question about mine on
my '60 MGA.  The question is:  Shouldn't it do something?  This car sat
for 10 years, then the owner got it running (a condition for me buying
it), but I don't know what was done and what wasn't.  I don't understand
how SU's work and never will.  Then NPO (he's helped me out a lot) took
one apart and explained how everything works, and I understood at that
moment in time, but aparently it was one of those fleeting moments.  Also,
I should mention that after the car warms up (just a minute or so), it
runs like crap, idles at like 400 RPM if you can call that an idle.  Is
something stuck?  The car fires right up, so I think it's like the choke
is all the way on, also I think it's running really rich.  I think I'm
going to take it somewhere in the Spring to get it tuned, but like I said,
as long as the subject sort of came up...

Thanks for listening,

Tom