Not for purists!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Not for purists!
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:44:22 -0700
If you are a purist that is not open to modifications to MGBs, then
PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS POSTING!  I certainly don't want to offend
anyone, so hopefully this disclaimer will limit "hateful" postings in
response.
I'm in the midst of converting a '66 GT to a Ford 2.8L V6.  Long story
here, but suffice to say the car (what there was of it) was given to me.
It was on it's way to the crusher if I didn't take it.  My goal is to
help kepp British cars on the road (when possible) and I am a co-founder
of an active British Car Club here in Northern CA.
Has anyone out there had experience in this conversion?  I have the
correct mounting brackets and manual from John's Cars in Texas, but have
run into some roadblocks.
My wife figures that this behavior (going fast around corners, buying
neglected British cars at cheap prices, reselling at minimal profit)
keeps we off the streets and out of trouble!
Ultimately I want to put a Rover V8 in a B, but I need to finish this
project first.  Thanks for your help in advance,

Jim Boyd         '67BGT (Tartan Red, restored)     '69BGT (parting out)
Paradise, CA     '70BGT (white, for sale)      '61 Austin Mini (project)
         '69B Roadster    '71B Roadster (parting)  '66B R (parting)
         '77B Roadster (parting)  '66BGT (Ford project car)