Re: Really old Britcars for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Really old Britcars for sale
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:11:33 -0700
>1930 M-Type MG
>
>Here's what the flier says:
>Own the oldest MG in your club.  Drive a piece of MG history
>and rediscovery the thrill of motoring [Ed. note: and the thrill
>of mechanical brakes].  Same owner last 14 years.  Won trophies
>at 1982 San Diego British Car Day for "Oldest Vehicle" and
>"People's Choice - MG" (2nd Place).  1983 San Diego British Car
>Day "People's Choice - MG" (1st Place). [Ed. note: my award is
>much cooler]
>
>This car was last advertised and sold as an "amateur restoration."
>It has a primrose body with black wings.  It is estimated that
>there may be as few as 20 of these in the U.S. (Chances are, no
>one on your block will have one.)

There is one being restored up here in the Portland, Oregon area. Jeez
those things are small. This one is set up like the double 12 race cars.
It's scary to think that this cars averaged over 60mph in that race. Just
going 60 in one would probably scare the heck out of me. The mechanincal
brakes would just add to the whole adventure.

At the GoF West in 95 in Ventura there was another un-restored M for sale,
and one in process of being restored.

Lane