Re: Right brake fluid to use for '62 Sprite?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Right brake fluid to use for '62 Sprite?
From: "Denise Thorpe" <Denise_Thorpe@cpqm.mail.saic.com>
Date: 11 Oct 1996 18:53:36 -0700
John Trifari said:

> Denise:  someone wrote the following:

<<
 Almost anything I can think of has a serious potential for being
 misunderstood.  You'd end up being followed by guys wearing gold chains
 and driving (heaven help you) BMW's.

That was Uncle Ray.

> Denise--don't listed to all those obvious non-Californians.  Go for the
> plate. try SVNSTDR

Shucks, now I have to admit that I'm not really sure how many head studs a
Cooper S engine has, but I know it's not seven.  The MG 1100 uses a standard
1098 A-series engine just like some Midgets (the recent variety) and I think
these have nine studs.  I know that the Cooper S engine has one more, which
would make it ten.  If I'd known this would be on the test, I could have gone
out in the garage last night, climbed over the parts all over the floor, and
counted the studs.  Too bad Will's in the middle of a move or he could
ridicule me unmercifully for not knowing how many head studs are on my car
without looking.

Speaking of possibly obscene personalized license plates, someone told me
(here she goes again) that the CA DMV is actually losing money on the
personalized license plate program because the extra fees, and then some, are
being spent on employing linguists to make sure that no one says anything
dirty in any language on a license plate.  My informant told me that it
requires a minimum complement of 34 linguists to cover all likely modern
languages.  But even with all this intellectual fire-power, they're still
shooting blanks because a friend was almost denied the license plate "69 MGC
GT" because the DMV claimed that it referred to an activity between two people
of those initials even though the DMV had records showing that the car was a
'69 MGC GT.

Denise Thorpe
denise_thorpe@cpqm.saic.com