Brake system flush.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake system flush.
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 12:12:11 -0700
Greetings all,

When I rebuilt the brake system on my TC, replacing everything and sleeving
the wheel cylinders with stainless,  I planed on using silicone brake fluid.
I did a lot of research and brain picking before deciding on going with good
old Girling (Dot 3).  This is a personal prefernce kind of thing and I won't
try to change anyone's mind either way.
What I will offer is this:  If you decide to change to Dot 5 (silicone)
completely flush the system with Isopropyl alcohol.  This stuff doesn't
react with either style of brake fluid and can be purchased at your local
pharmacy for next to nothing.  Dispose of the used Isopropyl alchohol in a
safe manner, it's very flamable and extremely poisonous.

Have fun....
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT