Re: 78 MGB Speedometer angle drive

To: dbavery@voyager.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 78 MGB Speedometer angle drive
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 17:45:44 -0400
Denny,

I spent quite a bit of time on one of these once and did get it working by
replacing the broken piece with a good piece from an old cable. Didn't last
long though.

When you get a new one, try to get one with a grease zerk. Be sure to grease
it along with the six zerks on the king pins and lower bushings, the two on
the universal joints* , the one on the telescoping part of the drive shaft,
and the one on the emergency brake cable. Things will last a long time if you
do this every three months or so.

Oh, oh... I just reminded myself of something I need to do.

* If you don't have zerks on the universals, get ones that have these the
next time around too.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'73 MGB - my daily driver for last ten years
'76 Midget - # 2 son's daily driver for past two years
'79 Midget - # 2 daughter's future car (starting in 2015)