Transitions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transitions
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:52:53 PT
Yes, I meant to type transition, not transmission.

Anyway, along the lines of "everything has a price", somebody found the
price for my '78 Midget.  I am now MG-less.  A guy down the hill in the
city was looking for a car for his 17 year old son to drive.  He offered me
a trade towards his 1928 Ford AA Express pickup.  The '28 is a decent
amateur restoration, is all there, and is all stock.

I had a hardtop in the works for the Midget, but shipping costs ran to
high, which it turns out is probably okay since the new owner said the car
will remain in his garage during rainy days.  In other words, he will be
keeping tight reins on his 17 year old son.

Once I get things settled at home again with the new '28 Ford, then I
figure I'll begin looking for an older MG this time, maybe a TF, or maybe
one of them mechanically braked 1930's MG's, or a little bugeye, or ???

Anyways, this is to say thanks for the education, thanks for the insights,
thanks for the help, thanks for the friendships, and see you sometime in
the future once I'm MG'd again.  I'll be hovering around out here in the
shadows for awhile, then I'll be offline for some time after that.

And if any of you are ever broke down on the road and some old 1928 pickup
stops to assist, it might just be me.

Take care, and Safety Fast.

Mike Jaquet (was, 1978 MG Midget)
            (is,  1928 Ford AA Express long bed pickup)
            (talk about a contrast, now I go even slower)