Re: Transmission problems, Rib Case... HELP!

To: jpquinn@cyberramp.net, mgs@autox.team.net, Healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Transmission problems, Rib Case... HELP!
From: AVANWIG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 08:59:35 -0400
>Are there kits for a '72 Rib Case that I have in my '62 Sprite?  If so, how
>much am I going to pay for a complete and total rebuild kit?  How much for
>maching costs?  Am I better off buying a rebuilt one instead of doing the
>work my self?
There are no kits except to change to close ratio racing gears and you still
use stock 1st and backing gears. rebuilding can be loads of fun. Do not take
1st reverse slider apart 3 detent balls and springs. I do advise a magnetic
drain plug to remove the filing from the oil. there are no maching costs you
just buy new parts.
Have fun
Paul Van Wig
60 Bugeye