Re: MG-B Air conditioner

To: Blair Engle <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: MG-B Air conditioner
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:44:19 -0700
Blair Engle wrote:

> Hi,
> A friend of mine with a 1967 MGB/GT is looking for an A/C unit that will fit
> his dash panel properly.  Does anyone have one?
> He also wonders if a 1974 chrome bumper GT unit will fit in a 1967 GT.
> Thanks,
> Blair Engle
> Blair Engle                                  engle@phy.fsu.edu

Blair,

I'm currently working s deal to sell an a/c unit from a 1970 MGBGT to a
chap on the list.  Of course, there is an entirely different dashboard
for the '62-67 Bs, vs '68-74 and '75-80.  The same components will fit
under the dashboard, but plan on finding a new way to route that cool
air to driver and passenger!

The engine mounting bracket for the compressor will be the same.  My
used unit , which is in good condition will still need some new parts to
make it work.  My price is $250 for everything I have.  If my original
deal doesn't work out and you are interested, e-mail me back ASAP.

Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA